We made it! We made it through our busy weekend! Your Dad graduated, you were blessed, we packed up the trailer with all our stuff, we cleaned, we spent time with family, and we said goodbye to a town that has been so good to us for the past 5 years.
On friday night we went to your Dad's graduation while Papa babysat you. You weren't very nice to him. You cried the whole time and then once you calmed you down you barfed all over him! You really gave Papa a run for his money! So when we asked Papa to bring you to campus so we could take pictures with you you showed up in nothing but a blanket because Papa couldn't find new clothes for you to wear! So funny! I think this first picture does a good job of summarizing our crazy but fun weekend...
The next day was your blessing day. When we went to bed that night I told your Dad that "today was a perfect day." Everyone was happy. You couldn't have been any sweeter or more beautiful in your dress. The lunch was perfect thanks to so many. So many people offered their help to us and got us out of our apartment so fast. I will always look back on that day with happiness.
This next picture is just a random picture that I had taken over the weekend. You had fallen asleep on the couch and looked too cute. You just sprawled right out.
We leave on Monday to head down to Utah for your pre-op at PCMC. We got a thing in the mail from them the other day telling us that your pre-op is at 1 p.m. but they want you there at 12. They also said that you couldn't eat anything past 7 a.m. that day due to the fact that you will be sedated. They don't want anything in your stomach. For some reason I took this really hard. The fact that we won't be able to feed you for 6 hours was more than I could handle. The closer this surgery gets, the harder it is becoming. Yesterday I became so overwhelmed with fear I felt as though I was paralyzed. Being on my knees was all I had the energy to do. It was at that point that I began to pray and ask for the strength to make it through these next two weeks. Today, I feel better. I woke up this morning with peace in my heart and that is all I need.
If you are reading this, please continue praying. I will be the first to admit that we need them.
I love you, Little Sydney.
Love, Mom
4 comments:
We are praying hard, Nan. This was such a fun post and that first picture was hilarious! Having dad bring her naked for pictures reminds me of the orphan children in the pictures in front of the temple at mollie's wedding. :) She looks beautiful in her dress! I love that little toot!
oops- I commented as Mike again. I do that a lot.
Natalie~
It has been a long time since I've seen ya...way too long. It feels too impersonal commenting on a blog, wish I had your number! Anyway, First congratulations on having Sydney. (I know it's late...didn't even know you were pregnant). Second, thanks for creating this blog. You are a strong woman even though I'm sure that sometimes you don't feel like it. You are! Third-I have a good friend who's baby had his first of many open heart surgeries in the PMC at 2 days old. Babies are so amazing and recover so well! He is now 6 months old and goin' strong. Sydney seems like a strong girl! I will be remembering you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
Stephanie (Erekson) Stevens
Oh she is such a doll! What a beautiful little angel. So glad so much of your family was able to be there for such a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment